Yellow birch drying

Hi,

I have boards of yellow birch in my basement. The humidity of the wood is

11%. Is it too soon to use it?

(The basement's temperature is 23 degrees celcius and humidity about 52%. In the past, I was able to drop the humidity to 7% in these conditions but it will take about two months. I plan to use it for a floor on the first level).

Thank you.

Reply to
SBO

Not too soon. Go! Tom

Reply to
tom

Relative humidity of 52% translates to ten per cent moisture. Sounds like you're there, given that it's cooler near the bottom.

Get the tables and post 'em right beside the hygrometer.

Been a warm winter here, so the outside air has more available moisture. In a more normal year, my stack goes to 4%.

Reply to
George