What is it? Set 428

Page 1 of 2
Hopefully someone will be able to answer the second item in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2481. Bead breaker for tires. Karl

Correct, it was made by the Cam Tool Co., Oakland, Cal.
That's about the only one I really recognized.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 2/16/2012 4:04 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2479 looks like a night fishing "alarm" that my dad invented in 1956.
Does it contain AA battery, and is that a #112 bulb I see, poking out the end?
2479 looks like a night fishing "alarm" that my dad invented in 1956.

Fishing alarm is correct, it says patent pending but I couldn't find the patent, do you happen to know the patent number from your father's invention?

No, Rob. He had six or seven patents over the decades, but it was all lost when he passed away, and Mom cleaned out.
He had patented, also, a "modular" Mahjong storage/playing accessories box, a "tri-trailer" that could be used as a utility trailer, camper, or boat trailer, a dry-fire practice device for 1911 target shooting (interesting, that one... had a "dual" target, one bull for the piercing tip on the plunger, and one bull for sighting. You sighted on the top bull, and when the hammer fell, a plunger with a pin tip would pierce the bottom target. You shot from an inch away from the paper, against a cork board.
Also patented a microfiche holder/slider you'll see on many machines these days, and a knock-down golf club cart that was lighter and more compact than the Bag Boy drag cart of the 1950s.
LLoyd

2483: Butcher's tool (chickens?)?

Thanks for the information, haven't found a patent for the alarm yet but will look again tonight.

A friend of mine's dad was the Messler who invented the twisting bass hook. It is still labeled "Messler Hook" on some of the Eagle Claw hook packages.
Steve
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com

You might look up Elston Sponenburgh, though...
Lloyd
2479 is a flashlight of some kind, like a bore light 2480 almost looks like a tool for clearing the flash hole in a black powder cannon, but I can't figure out what the thumb screw would be for. Makes it look like some kind of electrical probe. 2481 tire bead breaker (I peeked...) 2482 a tool to grab onto damaged studs or nuts to remove them (or insert new studs), like in an engine block. 2483 some kind of multi-tool for masonry work? For tuck pointing?

Yes, several people have said it looks like it has an electrical contact, but I haven't been able to find any information on it.
2479 no clue 2480 no clue 2481 tire bead breaker 2482 interchangable tool handle. But, for what? 2483 Meat cleaver from the 1950s with ducktail hair cut 2484 seed planting tip for a combine
Hopefully someone will be able to answer the second item in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2483 Is used for trimming slate roofing tiles. the spike is struck into a block of wood so that the blade is vertical. The slate is held in the left hand with the trim line on the top edge. A blade in the right hand is used with a sharp chopping action, acting a bit like scissors, to trim off the excess.
Steve
"Rob H." wrote in message
Hopefully someone will be able to answer the second item in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

Correct, otherwise known as a roof slater's axe.
On 2/16/2012 3:04 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Several 'close' answers on 2482. It's a chisel/punch holder. Not a stud remover. Fairly modern.
--
Steve Barker

This answer is correct.