Weird OT mystery...

Page 2 of 2

Spontaneous Human Combustion. I read about this... You're in the early symptoms phase. Start sleeping with a fire extinguisher.
mttt responds:

My first wife works somewhere around B'burg: she'll do as well as any other fire extinguisher.
Charlie Self
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." Thomas J. Watson

Now *that* made me grin! I'll confess there was a 5 second lag time before I got it... :)
mtt responds:

Would have taken longer than 5 seconds if you'd married her.
Charlie Self
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." Thomas J. Watson
Charlie Self wrote:

She's not that bitchy woman who drives the black Lexus is she? :)
Check your heating system. A few years ago my BIL had his go berserk in the middle of summer. Heater kicked on permanently and as the AC side was able to maintain the temperature on the thermostat he had no idea until the electric bill came in. Repairman said the controller shorted out somehow and the strip heatrers in the unit had been running 24/7 for while. Joe
Silvan wrote:

Joe Gorman wrote:

Good thought, but it wouldn't distribute the heat without the fan running.
Maybe it's just down to dog farts.

Same thing happened to me last night, and my friend at work and I were talking about it today. He had the same thing happening.

Yep, kicked in around 10PM last night. Even my wife thought it was hot, and she almost never thinks it's too warm.
<snip list of possible localized causes>
Whatever it was, it wasn't just you and your place. It was happening on my side of town too.
I'm guessing some sort of atmospheric pressure change combined with the humidity.
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.
snipped-for-privacy@vt.edu wrote:

Hmmmm...
That tears it then. It was definitely the alien microwave thing. The little slanty eyed gray buggers were trying to cook us!

Or maybe that. :)
Anyway, it makes me feel a lot better to know it wasn't just me. If you live in Blacksburg somewhere, you're bound to live several miles away, so it must have been a big atmospheric flummy.
Might be you are too close to all those politicians spouting a lot of hot air.... that or it is some sort of government experiment and you need that aluminum foil hat on... <grin> Same problem here in Atlanta...

Silvan wrote:
<snip>

Could be. See: http://www.medicine-plants.com/articles/96 /
;-)
On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:06:41 -0500, Silvan

Thanks for the visual. <G>
Barry

The *GOOD*NEWS* is that he has his skivvies _on_. Even as ratty as they are.
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

I could have done a lot worse, so now I will. Somewhere on the web there's a picture of me floating around, wearing nothing but a sock and an electric guitar.
*That* ought to keep you up at night.
(Yes, I *was* drunk at the time. Very much so.)
Check for volcanic activity under the house.

CW wrote:

Nah, there'd be steam. My dehumidifier has been going 24/7 for months, and it's still moist down there. No longer quite so dank, but still irksome. Gotta get that in check before I have to figure out how to replace all my joists.