Web Page Has a New look

Page 1 of 2

Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...
--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmelissa/woodworking_frames.htm
stoutman (in 0_1tf.187$ snipped-for-privacy@southeast.rr.com) said:
| Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...
<frigg'en feedback>
On page one: It really doesn't /look/ like a stepstool.
(If you have a graphics editor that can do gamma correction, you can turn on the room lights.)
</frigg'en feedback>
You do nice work.
said:

I have Adobe Photoshop and I adjusted it a smidge. Thanks.

Thank you!

Yep, looks good. I like the train table best. I also have a 3 year old son. Trains are still very much a part of the fuel of a child's imagination. We have a hard time just keeping the train on the table. It tends to get scattered all over the play-room.
Hey, how about more pics of the shop? I guess I'm some sort of a perv, I like to see the naked shop and all of the goodies behind the closed doors.
Tom in KY, providing "frigg'en feedback" all over the place.

Thanks. Ours as well. I am tempted to glue the track down, but that wouldn't be as fun.

On the way.

Where's the dust collection?. Nice lookin' shop, otherwise. Tom

My lungs. :)
No dust collection yet. A bandsaw is on my next 'to purchase list'. Followed by a dust collector.

Thank you.

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 03:39:40 +0000, wrote:

Nice site. Easy to navigate around. I particularly liked the maple hall table.
DGA

Thank you. Which maple hall table are you refering to?

I like the way you did the shop tour with hotspots around various areas.
On the ash bed, how did you put together the 4 x 4 posts?

Thank you.

The posts are made from solid ash (no lamination) and are connected with M&T's within the foot board and head board. The head board is joined to the foot via the long rails using detachable bed hardware from Rockler that is mortised into the posts. So far it surpasses my expectations with regards to sturdyness. It doesn't rock at all in any direction. It probably contains the most wood of any of the projects I have built to date. All of the rails are constructed of 5/4 ash. It is VERY heavy.

That should hold up to years of abuse.

Still working on it, this is looking to be another year-long project. I've had the past couple of weeks off, so I've had the opportunity to spend some quality time in the shop on this project. I've got the base carcases completed with the face frames and drawer dust skirts attached. I started working the drawers this week; 14 drawers is a lot of drawers -- the raw materials are taking quite a bit of time just to get dimensioned. I've completed milling and glueing up the cherry drawer fronts and have started milling the ash drawer sides and backs. My plan is to complete the base carcases and drawers first, then work the head and footboards. In the back of my mind I'm puzzling out how to put together the wide headboard posts and be able to get the curves cut and a fine finish cut on the wide side of the posts.
Are you still working on your captains bed? I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. The CAD drawing looked awesome.

Say "please"...

stoutman wrote:

Just what I like a web page to be. Informative, interesting and simple. No flashy hoo haas. BTW. I like your furniture to. The shop looks good as well, just too bloody clean. Does everybody clean up prior to photos or am I (and Mac) ;) the only ones that spend more time making dust then cleaning it :)
regards John
Digital cameras need more light...Go to a camera store and get yourself a "slave strobe" for about $20. This will fire off your own flash and will allow you to light up your stuff much better.
stoutman wrote:

------------------<Frigg'en Feedback>----------------------
Stick with the woodworking, pay somebody to do your web page. (Written in a jocular tone as well!!) ;-)
------------------<Frigg'en Feedback>----------------------

I don't think you even went to it. It wouldn't interest you anyway. It's about woodworking not Iraq.
--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmelissa/woodworking_frames.htm
stoutman wrote:

Good golly,
The body count dude made an appearance on your thread. Can you believe it? Just to be snotty.
In all of his threads, he claims to be only on the defensive of his campaign of off topic ramble. So, why is he here trying to derate your website? I truly don't understand him. I thought I did at first. I know a few vets who act similarly. But they usually get enough and go find a corner and drink themselves into a comfortable coma.
Heh-heh, you didn't tick him off by replying to one of his threads, did you? :-)
Tom in KY, staying the he** away from the lost cause.