Unisaw warped extension table

Hi All, I've dealt with this problem long enough on my Unisaw and need a fix. My particle board extension table has cupped with a crown on the top going the long way down the middle. My plan is to get some poplar or maple 4/4 and make a reinforcement frame to be Kreg screwed to the underside of the extension to try to flaten it. Will this work, or should I buy an new piece of mdf and remake the extension table( with the reinforcement frame)?

Thanks, don

Reply to
rickluce

It will probably be tough to eliminate all of the warp. Your best bet would be to go with a new top and put plastic laminate on the top and bottom. The piece on the bottom will equal out the moisture absorption and help prevent warping.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks Leon, That's what I was afraid of. More work!!!! Well...you don't get into woodworking if your lazy.

Reply to
rickluce

What do you have to lose? Go ahead and make your frame and screw it to the warped top. If it doesn't work to your satisfaction unscrew the frame and use it on a new top. You haven't wasted anything but a little time.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Go here:

the instructions for the fence....

There is a short chapter on building a side table. It's a dead simple ladder frame with a MDF and laminate covering.

It is an excellent, simple design that will NOT sag....

Here is a picture of m> Hi All,

Reply to
Pat Barber