table saw nickel test

I was watching some vids on table saws to see how many new features saws have now. I think the lagunatools video was the one where the guy placed a nickel on edge on the saw table and then powered it up. The nickel didn't move. I tried it on my old jet and it didn't budge.
It's not super significant but of course I had to test my saw.
"Electric Comet" wrote in message

Try it with a dime. ;~)
I played around with my cabinet saw when I got it. Nickels and pennies were no problem. Dimes and quarters did not fair as well but they are generally tougher to stand up anyway. ;~)

I have done it with a quarter on my industrial SawStop. I thought I would never get the quarter to stand on its own.
On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 07:45:57 -0600

Haha, how about the flat-edge of a razor knife blade.