Stripping veneer

My wife inherited a 60 year old dresser that has veneer drawer fronts and top. The entire piece was painted at some later date. We're not crazy about painted pieces, so is it possible to strip paint off of veneer and refinish it, or should we be picking out a new color of paint?
Cheers! Duke

It'll strip. Just don't get real aggressive trying to scrape the paint off. Don't leave the stripper on any longer than it needs to be on to loosen the paint. You don't want to dissolve the glues that hold everything together.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net