Stepped rabbets for mirrored doors?

I need to build a couple of doors for our bathroom cabinets (about 12" wide x 30" high), and am thinking of putting mirrors in place of the usual wood panels.
I was thinking of building a frame, with a rabbet in the back for the mirror to sit in. Then a second rabbet, closer to the backside, would extend out a bit further into the frame. This would allow a plywood backing to be screwed to the frame, thus securing the mirror and protecting it from damage when the door is open. It would also allow easy replacement of the mirror if it should get broken.
I recently received a catalog from Pricecutter.com, and noticed a "stepped rabbet" router bit. It appears to do exactly what I'm thinking of, but I've never heard of this company before, or seen these bits anywhere else.
So, I'm wondering if anyone has used these bits, and am also interested in hearing in any alternative approaches I might consider.
Thanks,
Anthony
I would make a single rabbet and put both the mirror and backer in. Secure the backer board with something like glazer points or small wood strips. just my two cents worth.

glass holding clips.
http://delphiglass.com/index.cfm?page=itemView&itemsysid 6048
Anthony,
Like Mike said, a single rabbet deep enough for the mirror and a back would be just fine. Glazier's points or glass stops (thin strips of wood) nailed into the edge of the rabbet would be the way to finish it up.
As to Pricecutter.com, I've bought several things from them. The service has been good and the prices are reasonable.
Dave