scraper plane help needed...

No.

The sad part is it wasn't a bad #112 to begin with. OTOH, my own #112 is a piece of junk made on a Victorian Friday afternoon after a long lunchtime down gin lane. I could quite cheerfully break that piece of crap in half.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

pretty similar to what I was figuring the mill setup would look like, except height adjustability in the end supports.

Reply to
bridger

depends how out of flat the sole is. mine was WAAAAY out. I still lapped it to finish by hand anyway- the mill marks weren't smooth enough for me.

for that matter, you could set it up in the mill with frog in place. the frog screws are going to pull most of the "in situ" stresses on the body. you _could_ set it up with iron and all, but it'd get pretty awkward to get into the mill.

Reply to
bridger