Scary Sharp - Wet/Dry with Water?

Probably a silly question. When sharpening a plane or chisel using "SS". is the wet/dry sandpaper actually used with water, or is it used dry?

dry is fine

I've always done it dry; it's just way more clean and convenient.
But I think the results might be better if you used water. Swarf removal and all.
-Zz
Buck Turgidson wrote:

The coarse part dry. The final wet. I've used 600 to 6000 grit wet. Besides if you use a piece of glass as your base wet sand paper likes to stick to it.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

That's the way I've been doing it. I only go to 2000, though. Didn't even know you could get 6000.
Buck Turgidson wrote:

I've sharpened my chisels. I get them at Rockler.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"