scary sharp is cool

I know it's an old topic but I just tried this technique for the first time and all I can say is... Cool! Now I'm trying to figure out how to make some sort of flat stones for my Lansky knife sharpening kit that I can adhere the sandpaper to.

Reply to
mel

The "Borg" might have some granite. Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Pieces of rod and scrap 1/4" stock. Make them bigger than stock Lansky stones, say, 1 x 6". The tiny stones you get with the kit take forever to hone an edge and have a tendency to roll over. Also, the rods should be stiffer than the kit rods. 3/32 x 1/4" steel stock might be better.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Reply to
nospambob