scary sharp is cool

I know it's an old topic but I just tried this technique for the first time and all I can say is... Cool! Now I'm trying to figure out how to make some sort of flat stones for my Lansky knife sharpening kit that I can adhere the sandpaper to.
The "Borg" might have some granite. Someday, it'll all be over....
My granite is scrap from installer about 12"X18" gratis.
On 10 Apr 2004 20:53:45 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comEDY (Tom) wrote:

mel wrote:

Pieces of rod and scrap 1/4" stock. Make them bigger than stock Lansky stones, say, 1 x 6". The tiny stones you get with the kit take forever to hone an edge and have a tendency to roll over. Also, the rods should be stiffer than the kit rods. 3/32 x 1/4" steel stock might be better.