Sanded ply from HD ?

Anyone tried the sanded ply from HD? How does it finish?
James wrote:

I made a tv table out of it take a look, and yes the site looks like crap, it's just something I knocked up one day
http://clemnet.org/~richard/pics.php?project=WoodWorking_pics

They have one version sporadically that's not pine. It's poplar or maple or birch or some unknown tropical, but it finishes quite well.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

I think it's great for utilitarian projects in the shop and shed. I have always finished with a coat of amber shellac or paint.

I have recently used some of their sanded ply, but for my project it will not be finished (covered with other materials). However, I have a couple of comments.
1. Even though they say "sanded", it was still pretty rough. Sanded with a 40 or 60 grit maybe. I have purchased other plywood that was smoother than this stuff. This would still need a LOT more sanding prior to applying any other finish or sealer.
2. It seemed very dry and brittle but I don't have a moisture meter so I can't say for certain. It seems like it would absorb finish/sealer by the ton.
Wayne

Are you SURE it is SANDED PLY and not the brand named SandePly (sp?)
John
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:37:13 GMT, "NoOne N Particular"

Yup. Gotta remember that this came from Home Depot. I think I am going to stop buying wood there because the wood they have (at least my local store) is just crap.
Wayne

Don't feel alone!