Sanded ply from HD ?

Anyone tried the sanded ply from HD? How does it finish?

Reply to
James

the sanded pine finishes so so, need to use a condioner or it blotches bad I made a tv table out of it take a look, and yes the site looks like crap, it's just something I knocked up one day

Richard Clements

They have one version sporadically that's not pine. It's poplar or maple or birch or some unknown tropical, but it finishes quite well.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I think it's great for utilitarian projects in the shop and shed. I have always finished with a coat of amber shellac or paint.

Reply to
Wayne K.

I have recently used some of their sanded ply, but for my project it will not be finished (covered with other materials). However, I have a couple of comments.

  1. Even though they say "sanded", it was still pretty rough. Sanded with a
40 or 60 grit maybe. I have purchased other plywood that was smoother than this stuff. This would still need a LOT more sanding prior to applying any other finish or sealer.

  1. It seemed very dry and brittle but I don't have a moisture meter so I can't say for certain. It seems like it would absorb finish/sealer by the ton.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Don't feel alone!

Reply to
nospambob

Are you SURE it is SANDED PLY and not the brand named SandePly (sp?)

John

Reply to
John

Yup. Gotta remember that this came from Home Depot. I think I am going to stop buying wood there because the wood they have (at least my local store) is just crap.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular