Rustic Bird Houses

Bird Houses

I have been making rustic looking bird houses that look like some of the buildings out of the past such as a filling station with a hand operated gas pump with old fashioned water can with spout for filling up the radiator. A problem I had was making the roof look like the old corrugated sheet metal. I used aluminum flashing and scored the grooves into the thin metal then turned it over and scored the other side. It works real well. I made a jig to keep the grooves straight. The pump is carved from doweling, a piece of Plexiglas tubing and carved top. I made a couple of automobile wheels to lean against the wall. It has as typical porch with a projected roof and a single peak main roof. I am planing another one to look like a country store with watermelons on the front porch. I can make the watermelons from green painted pecans. I will make another one like a saloon with rifles leaning against the wall. I also plan one to look like an old water mill

Bill

Reply to
Bill Orr