Router Table on Delta 36-650

Greetings to the group
I would like to have a router table on the right side of my Delta 36-650 saw. I was thinking that I could remove the metal table extension and go out from there.
My questions start with, what material would you recommend? I would like to use a Jess-EM router lift and the existing fence.
Speaking of the fence. I am not all that impressed with the factory fence and would like to upgrade. Recommendations?
Thanks for any help
Dave
-- Rexbo 1992-2003 RIP My Friend We will hunt again
For the fence question, I installed the Vega Utility 50" fence on my Old Crapsman. It's worked very well for me. I got it from Woodcraft for about $260 IIRC.I also added an extension to fit the fence made from 3/4" melamine particle board with a ladder frame underneath. It's stayed perfectly flat for about a year so far. You could try something similar, with additional support for the router.
Bowhunter