Router jigs

Hi,
I recently bought a cheap plunge router, and I am on the hunt for ideas of jigs. I cannot have a router table, as space is SEVERELY limited! I have seen Dovetail jigs on the market, but these are approx. 70 - too much for me. Are there any "build it yourself" jigs that are worth having, for doing various tasks?
Cheers,
Sam
Sam, In that price range, only thing is the Stots Dovetail Master. It is a little extra work but it will let you make your own jig(s) and it works tremendously. Try this page: www.woodshopdemos.com/stots1.htm
John Lucas www,woodshopdemos.com
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:23:44 -0000, "Sam Berlyn"

sure you can. you just can't have it set up all of the time. use your workmate for the base and make a top that you can slide between your bench and the wall when it's not in use.

lots of them. routers get useful, really useful when you start using them with jigs. most of the router jigs I use are built for the job at hand. some are generally useful enough that they get kept and improved upon, but most of them are thrown away at the end of the job- so I build them quickly and cheaply. (note that quickly and cheaply does not include sloppily- accuracy is most important here...)
here's one place to look: <http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=router%20jig&safe=images&as_ugroup=rec.woodworking&lr=&hl=en or <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&q=pat+warner&btnG=Search