Reclaimed wood, pests and kiln drying

I am considering using reclaimed barnwood for an upcoming project, the end result of which is going to be installed in a museum environment. As museums go, this is not a very strict environmental control, but they are certainly concerened about the introduction of pests and or chemicals to their collection.
I am wondering about the process of kiln drying to eradicate pests from wood and where I can get information on how this is done. I have access to a large kiln but no idea what I'd be up against. I need to be able to prove with some confidence that the wood I am using is pretty clean. Thanks for any advice.

Though we're not supposed to have any confidence in government or its agents, this seems a great source. http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us /
Your luck the curator will get her science from Oprah....
Any particular articles you found here? My searches aren't turning up much related to the topic.

Check the kiln schedules and temperatures, then see how many insects can survive parboiling.
George wrote:

If the only holes in a board are from the nails you pulled out then there won't be anything but wood inside the board unless the tree grew around it.
That would be proof enough for me.
As I understand it, kiln-drying will not kill all fungus spores, but they will stay dormant indefinately so long as the wood stays dry. Unless you mill or sand the wood in the museum those should not be a problem.

Or a pulpit, which seems to be increasing in popularity these days.
--

FF

Spores are everywhere, so that's no problem. <16% MC wood fungi no grow.

Or Hollywood?
George wrote:

LOL! Indeed.
--