RE: Tangle Free Extension Cords

Page 2 of 2

Yabbut, does either one of them know how to coil a cord?
Max

I will second and third that, I even modified one of mine to hold more.

Thanks for both posts. How did you modify yours without weakening it? JPG at 11?
-- Threee days before Tucson, Howard Dean explained that the tea party movement is "the last gasp of the generation that has trouble with diversity." Rising to the challenge of lowering his reputation and the tone of public discourse, Dean smeared tea partiers as racists: They oppose Obama's agenda, Obama is African-American, ergo...
Let us hope that Dean is the last gasp of the generation of liberals whose default position in any argument is to indict opponents as racists. This McCarthyism of the left -- devoid of intellectual content, unsupported by data -- is a mental tic, not an idea but a tactic for avoiding engagement with ideas. It expresses limitless contempt for the American people, who have reciprocated by reducing liberalism to its current characteristics of electoral weakness and bad sociology. --George Will 14 JAN 2011 Article titled "Tragedies often spark plenty of analysis"

I take a picture and post it somewhere, I'll give you a reference.

Pictures!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5358178850/#/photos/lcb11211/5358178850/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5357561891/in/photostream/#/photos/lcb11211/5357561891/in/photostream/lightbox/
On 1/15/11 2:51 PM, Leon wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5358178850/#/photos/lcb11211/5358178850/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5357561891/in/photostream/#/photos/lcb11211/5357561891/in/photostream/lightbox /
Probably increases the mass to make winding a bit easier, too.
--

-MIKE-

Cool, those look like they have some nylon in 'em for strength.

Toilet seats? You screwed on toilet seats for extensions? Sacre bleu!
Thankee, sir.
[...]

You are probably right, I have never reallly thought about it. The material drills and bends like nylon yet gives no hint of being breakable. You could sling the spool and the extension cord across the yard and it would be no worse for wear.

No they are perfectly round. LOL. Actually each side is made up of half round rings and joined with a couple Domino tennons. Made a perfect joint.

I have one of these. They are OK for that cord you NEVER use. They look OK but tend to be a PIA to use.

don't know.

These are GREAT! You hold the black center piece with one hand and wind with the other. I have a couple and are are extremely easy to use. Very durable, infact I modified one to hold a 100' air hose. I adde two MDF rings to the outside to increase it's capacity. This one is stupid simple and works great. IIRC HD carries tghem also.

Probably not as easy to use as the above one.

Probably works a lot like the orange one above that is said is OK for the cord you never use. The trouble with them is that you have to have to set them down or hold them agains your body so that you can crank them. The simple on that I raved about above does not have to be held agains a stationary object to get it to reel in or out your cord.

I have a couple of the Horrible Freight versions of this and they have been quite durable and easy to use. My only gripe is that in order to get the claimed capacity the cord has to be layered on perfectly like thread on a spool. I like Leon's capacity increasers and may make some waterproof ones. Art

Aha, $8.99 at HF might be cheaper than shipping. http://www.harborfreight.com/150-ft-extension-cord-reel-39343.html
[...]

I'm with you for almost all of that, but I use a cord tie to hold the unused coiled cord together by the receptacle so the whole cord doesn't have to be unrolled.

I can buy that. I usually need the whole length, and when I don't, I have a few shorter cords around to use.
--
Jim in NC

Unfortunately I frequently run into odd length cord requirements. I only have Imperial cords and a lot of times I find out the location that needs power is a metric distance away, so I just make do.

<Chuckle>
What happens when yu need a fraction length cord? Get out the ax or cable cutters? <g>
--
Jim in NC

No. I use my cable stretcher. I used to use my string theory cord, but last time it swung too close to a singularity, started superconducting massive amounts of energy into the fourth dimension, and I had to yank the Festool Domino cord out quickly while it was still running. Too quickly - bad results. Tunguska...? Yep, that was me. {sheepish grin}