RE: Shipwright Disease

From another list.
Enjoy.
Lew
-------------------------------- "Kenneth " wrote:
I'm going thu a bit of this myself right now. Darn plumbing is a one time use tubing and fittings. GRRR.
Regards, Ken
"Shipwrights Disease"
Goes something like this:
Sailor owns boat. Boat has burned out light in galley. Sailor decides to change bulb. Sailor notices socket is corroded, decides to change socket. Sailor notices wiring frayed while trying to change socket. Sailor decides to change wiring. Sailor notices galley ceiling slats are rotted while changing the wire. Sailor decides galley ceiling slats need changing. Sailor notices .
this goes on and on and on and on and pretty soon, Sailor is undertaking a major renovation of his boat because of a burned out lightbulb. --------------------------------------
"James" wrote:

This tale seems like one Andy Rooney described when changing a light bulb led to fixing the hooks which held the ladder then the wall that held the hooks. Well you get the picture. When doing household repairs we need to focus even though its not always easy.
JoeG

On 8/8/2011 7:32 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

about to embark on an upgrade to the master bath. Converting shower to steam room plus new shower door. I've already caved in on new lighting fixtures to match the brushed nickle of the new door, but I'm drawing the line on re-tiling the whole room. We'll see if that line is in ink or pencil.
Larry
...Big snip since we're bottom posting.....

Be careful. She might decide you drew your line in blood.