Re: engineered wood floor, need to seal joints?

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Just for grins, have you tried calling the Mannington rep? I was laying one of their engineered floors over 3/4 T&G and had a Q for them, so on a whim I got on their web site and called up - wonderful customer service in my case. It's worth a shot, and they will help you make sure you don't void the warranty. My gut is that they'll say do NOT put ANY finish over the factory one, but it will be interesting to see what they say in your particular situation (please let us know!).
-- Henry

system,5Biltmore 3" maple with beveled top edges on each piece. Looks great so far.hvSeveral rooms including the KITCHEN! I am worried about water percolating0down between the individual pieces. They fit pretty tight, but I think that9water will certainly get in. What will that do?4aSeems to me that there should be some thin sealer that could be applied to5the floor to seal the seams and prevent water from getting in. Even floorqwax might do it.0mThanks for any advice.9BDaveC
______________________________________________________________________________________ To reply plz remove the "N00Spam00" and (dot) invalid from my e-mail and domain names. Keep spam on bread and outta my inbox!!!
This is a thin layer of lightweight concrete on second floor of a light industrial building. No moisture will be coming up through the concrete unless sea level comes up by about 100 feet. Installers didn't mention a moisture barrier; they seem to be pretty careful company. Glue directly on the lightweight concrete.
Dave C.
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome