Question To The Group - Wood Turners Migrating Here?

Page 2 of 2

We buried Jim Stokely this past week. He was the founder and organizer of Bayfest, restauranteur (Stokes by the Bay, Stokes Inland, Industry Theater) He was 50. A long family history of heart disease. Dead before he hit the ground. He was fit as a fiddle, in great shape. Non- smoker, casual drinker- the odd glass of beer or wine- and never appeared too stressed about the immense task of running Bayfest. He had/has an excellent staff. Only people really close to him knew he had donated $ 400,000 to local charities from past Bayfest profits. No photo-ops, no plaques, no appearances. FIFTY, for chrissakes... Bayfest will live on, as his wife Michelle was as much involved in the running of it as Jim was. The community is still reeling, as I am.

Busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger or a one-legged man at an ass- kicking contest. The HomeShow really made a difference. Fortunately, along the bread-and-butter countertop business, people are also buying interesting stuff like carved fire-place mantels, signs, etc. I am very happy doing that kinda one-off crazy stuff. When you roll into town, my phone number is on my web-page www.topworks.ca. I'll buy you an Erdinger (or two) at Paddy's.
Rob