Plastic Resin Glue??

What exactly is this magical stuff that DM uses?
Is this just normal Hide glue?
Not like hide glue other than color. IIRC DAP Weldwood makes it. It is a brown powder that you mix with water. I recall using it in shop class when I was in school.
http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/main/catalog/pcd/9140738/prd/13874194/ccsyn/260/_x_/BuilderDepot-com-00203-LB-PLASTIC-RESIN-GLUE

Leon responds:

260/_x_/BuilderDepot-com-00203-LB-PLASTIC-RESIN-GLUE
Try: http://www.dap.com/retail/retail_detail.cfm?catid (&subcatid3&prodhdridB
It cannot be legally used in several states so check the on-site info there.
Good stuff where legal. Urea formaldehyde resin.
I'm not sure what the beef against it is in those few states where it can't be sold.
Charlie Self "Vote: the instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a fool of himself and a wreck of his country." Ambrose Bierce
Main complaint with Urea Formaldehyde is it is a carcinogen.
--
PDQ --
| >> What exactly is this magical stuff that DM uses? | >> | >> Is this just normal Hide glue? | | Try: | http://www.dap.com/retail/retail_detail.cfm?catid=28&subcatid=103&prodhdrid=42 | | It cannot be legally used in several states so check the on-site info there. | | Good stuff where legal. Urea formaldehyde resin. | | I'm not sure what the beef against it is in those few states where it can't be | sold. | | Charlie Self | "Vote: the instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a fool of himself | and a wreck of his country." Ambrose Bierce
At what exposure levels?? Or is this one of those Republic of Kalifornia things where just about ANYTHING is a carcinogen in big enough or long enough exposure???
John

John wrote:

I'm surprised they don't try to hang a warning tag on each oxygen molecule.

--
--John
Main complaint with Urea Formaldehyde is it is a carcinogen

We're more sensitive than the rest of the world, you know. ;-)
And, after all those labels, desensitized to warnings.
Patriarch

Nope. It's plastic resin glue. It does have a longer open time than say yellow glue but not as long as true hide glue. I use prg to glue up bent laminations. SH

For bent laminations, PRG has the added benefit of not being susceptible to creep like a lot of other glues.
Try this link: http://www.djmarks.com/stories/faq/3_Where_can_I_get_the_SlowSetting_Plastic_Resin_Glue_you_often_use_on_the_46688.asp Tom