OT, Almost - Who Needs to Measure

Page 1 of 2
I just picked up a new Freud Diablo 10" 60 Tooth blade.
My gosh. It says right on the package "Cuts Wood to Correct Length"
Hell, if I had know it would do this I would have bought it years ago and save all that money on tapes, scales and other measuring devices.
RonB

WHERE DIDI GET THAT!!!!!
Damn.....
On 01/14/2010 01:31 PM, RonB wrote:

Awesome.
The only thing I can think of that would make sense is that they're trying to say that it uses a standard kerf and plate thickness so that the saw fence cursor remains calibrated.
Chris

THROW AWAY YOUR FENCE!!!

"Cut that board three times and it's still too short..."

Big deal! That claim was probably made by a retired politician. I'm waiting for someone to come out with a negative kerf blade. That would be what I would buy :-)
Gordon Shumway
Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.
I wonder if they could / will make a laser wood cutter? That will be as close to negative as we could get, me thinks.
Mike in Ohio
Gordon Shumway wrote: <snip>

"Michael Kenefick" wrote:

It already exists.
A CNC controlled laser for cutting die boards, for example.
Lew
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:14:29 -0600, the infamous Gordon Shumway

Silly! Those aren't blades, they're called Board Stretchers. I got mine at HF, on sale.
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.

Just think of the implications! Suddenly that Federal sideboard is within reach! Just throw the wood onto the table and voila! no mis-cuts! Slap a little glue on...
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!!!
RonB wrote:

If I had known that I could have saved over a grand. I wouldn't have had to purchase my cabinet saw.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Doesn't say anything about width, now, does it? :)
Doesn't say anything about width, now, does it? :)
Geez, just turn the wood sideways..... Man, ya gotta explain *everything* to some people
:-)

If you measure a flagpole that lies on the ground, you can only measure how long it is, not how high it is.
In

Seems to me that this kind of measurement must be relative. It all dependds upon to whom one is married. <LOL> P D Q
If you measure a flagpole that lies on the ground, you can only measure how long it is, not how high it is.
And a flag pole laying down is a lot longer than when it is standing up.
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:18:27 -0500, the infamous Nova

"Hello? Yes, Freud, I laid the saw blade on my stack of wood and it did nothing. None of it was cut to the proper length when I checked on it in the morning. What do I do now?"
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.

"Larry, did you open the package first? It won't work in the package."
Puckdropper ;-)
On 15 Jan 2010 09:37:06 GMT, the infamous Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> scrawled the following:

"NOW you tell me..."
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
And THERE'S the rub.