Off Topic Southern roof

Page 2 of 2
OK, Ed. There are true barrel tiles, and they are extruded clay, a two piece overlap system.
Then there are barrel shaped cement tiles. These are not actual barrel tiles, but concrete manufactured tiles manufactured to have the appearance and coloration of real clay tiles.
Here's a hint. If the tiles are "U" shaped and very fragile, about 16" long and about 7 - 8" across, they are true barrel tiles. They will not be uniform in shape or dimension.
If they are uniform in shape and dimension and actually look like tile, no matter what the profile (barrel, half barrel, striated, smooth, rough, etc.) they are probably concrete.
So which do you have?
Robert
concrete. I'm sorry if my nomenclature is inaccurate, I used to fix elevators not houses. they are not clay for sure.
Ed