Now does this make *any* sense?

NO! The root word is 'inflame'. The 'in' in 'inflame' is NOT a prefix, it is part of the word itself.
OSHA, the ASTM, NBS, Underwriter's laboratory etc have agreed on standard definiton:
Inflamable means the flashpoint is below 140 degrees F. Or, as a practical matter, the vapors can form an explosive atmosphere at ordinary temperatures. Example: gasoline

NO!
Combustible is not the same as inflammable. Combustible liquids have a flashpoint above 140 degrees F. Or, as a practical matter, the vapors cannot form an explosive atmosphere at ordinary room temperatures. Example: kerosine.

NO! Linseed oil is combustible. Asbestos is noninflammable, also noncombustible.

"Flammable' and 'Nonflammable' are recently coined words invented in a hopefully nonfutile effort to keep people such as yourself from being burned.
Don't trust me, consult a dictionary.
--

FF

Dead positive. I know the difference, hence my emphasis on the NON. The term "inflammable" is only rarely used any more, precisely because of the confusion it often causes.
Here's a link to the manufacturer's page for the product: http://www.dap.com/retail/retail_detail.cfm?catid=4&subcatid=8&prodhdrid7
The MSDS for the product <http://www.dap.com/msds/30534.pdf notes the following:
Toluene 1 to 5% by weight Emergency overview: Warning! Combustible liquid and vapor Unusual fire and explosion hazards: Combustible.
From the MSDS, it's evidently a hazard only above 150 deg F, but still, it doesn't sound to me like it should be called non-flammable.
I found out what's going on with that, though: OSHA defines a "flammable" liquid as one having a flash point below 100 deg F, and a "combustible" liquid as one having a flash point between 100 and 200 deg F. So strictly speaking, this stuff is in fact not "flammable" even though it is "combustible".
Sheesh.

Doug Miller wrote:

I remember tanker trucks in days of yore (picture me as a child), carrying warning signs that said "inflammable" or "non-inflammable". I puzzled about the meanings of these words until my puzzler was sore. I then asked my father who knew all things (and would admit to not knowing as necessary). We agreed that these words were not necessarily intuitive. Some time later the industry/government change to "flammable" and "non-flammable". All better now.     mahalo,     jo4hn
whose father taught him about dictionaries and encyclopedias...
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in
<snip>

But is it _waterproof_? <GD&R>
Patriarch

They claim it is, after it's cured. Not sure how it would fare, though, if immersed for 24 hours...
Note to self: the internet is never a good medium for sarcasm (or obscure references to "Cheers" one-liners).
Doug Miller wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in message

It used to be inflammable iwth a flash point below 140. Has that changed recently?

Indeed.
--

FF

(Fred the Red Shirt) wrote:

Dunno if it changed... but DAGS on <inflammable OSHA>, and the first hit you get is http://www.ilpi.com/msds/ref/flammable.html
"The U.S. Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) defines a flammable liquid as "any liquid having a flash point below 100 deg. F. (37.8 deg. C.), except any mixture having components with flash points of 100 deg. F. (37.8 deg. C.) or higher, the total of which make up 99 percent or more of the total volume of the mixture. Flammable liquids shall be known as Class I liquids."
Compare this definition to combustible, which indicates a liquid that is somewhat harder to ignite (flash point above 100 oF)."