Mystery Tool - What is it??

Posted in a.b.pictures.woodworking... Anyone ever see one of these before??

Wow, that's a weird one.
I'll take a wild guess, and say it's intended as a drilling guide to put 8 equally spaced holes around a center post.
John
On 08/19/2015 3:28 PM, John McCoy wrote:

Nah, it's a wire stretching tool; aren't they all? :) (Even w/o access to the binary groups on this newsserver...)

John McCoy wrote:

If you'd pound some nails through those holes, you'd have a "clamp" of sorts.
Bill
On 8/19/2015 5:14 PM, Bill wrote:

And if you pound nails through those holes into a work bench, you would have a stationary tool. ;~)
Leon wrote:

Cable-twister was a good guess. I saw a fence tool at the state fair the other day that would twist wire at about 8 different levels all at the same time (the idea was to insert a vertical slat about every foot or so, and twist the cables before and after it). Impressive gearing.
On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 8:03:37 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

Isn't a stationary tool used to make writing paper?
A cable twister..... john
"Casper" wrote in message
Posted in a.b.pictures.woodworking... Anyone ever see one of these before??

Not many ideas I see.
I was given this photo and asked but have no clue. I have yet to receive an answer on what it is. Will let you know when I do.
My thoughts are why would it have two handles?