mortiser advice for amateur

And you're being optimistic - just ask my wife :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Broke mine Fein out this week to remove some tiles for a kitchen make over. That stupid,expensive tool saved my ass again. I don't think I have used it in 5 years but when needed, it was there for me.

Reply to
Pat Barber

I didn't know about that snazzy Domino...forget the router for now, but when you get the time, learn the process with a router or buy that big-ass Domino that is now available. I think that we will see several companies give that a shot in time.

Reply to
Pat Barber

Pat Barber wrote in news:k51tv6$9kq$1@dont- email.me:

Pat, that Big-ass Domino XL is for real woodworkers like Swingman and Leon (grin). I'll have to just double-up some of the bigger size dominos with the regular machine, if it comes to that with bigger "stuff" that I would make, but for which there aren't any plans yet.

Reply to
Han

Part of a recent remodel was removing two drop-in bath vanity sinks put in (by someone we all know hereabouts) about twenty years ago.

... he (someone we all know hereabouts) apparently was deathly afraid the law of gravity might somehow reverse itself and the sinks might fall up??

;)

AAMOF, I caught the laminate subcontractor, in a fit of desperation to get them removed, actually heading to his truck to get his tire jack to try and jack them loose!! ... apparently three separate crews had already had a shot at removing them, to no avail.

Long story short, my Fein Multi-tool, and the judicious application of some composite shims, and I singlehandedly had them both on the floor in less than five minutes.

When there is only one tool for a job that must get done NOW, you better own it ... :)

Reply to
Swingman

of gravity might somehow reverse itself and the sinks might fall up?? ;)

Dominoed them in place!?

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny

Two sinks out in five minutes. the sinks never fell up in 20 years, never leaked in twenty years and were easily removed by some one that knows what he is doing with the right tools. Wat's the problem.. LOL

Reply to
Leon

I used my HF multitool again last month to cut the end of a tubafore at a strange angle for clearance, then used it again on the ScreenEZE metal bracket to shorten it, then once again to trim the plastic caps of the ScreenEZE.

I have cut quick holes in drywall to mount grab bars in showers, removed grout from tile, cut notches in tubasixes for posts, etc.

They're DAMNED handy tools, no matter who makes your particular unit.

-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Never regretted buying mine, don't use it very often but when I do it is the get er done tool. Had a plumber use it on my bathroom remodel and he was headed to get one after that job. No other tool could have cut the pipe where it was, and to quote it gave a perfect cut on copper.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M