looking for decorative brass snap clasps.

I can't find these anywhere.
These are for stained wooden bow cases (holds 40 violin bows-for dealers)
They are like those 2 clasps you find on luggage. They are two piece- one mounts on the upper half of the case with a U-shaped spring loaded clasp that comes down around the similar square on the bottom half to keep the case closed. (2 per case)
The total up and down length when mounted is about an inch and a half, maybe a little less.
I thought Stanley makes them. They have everything in the way of solid brass hinges, clasps, etc- but not these. I saw them once in a hardware store but can't find them.
If you can help, please email:
Mike Cohrman snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
On 17 Feb 2004 06:45:06 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (misterfact) scribbled:

Lee Valley:
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp?pageA433&category=3,41399&ccurrency=2&SID or
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp?pageA399&category=3&SID=&ccurrency=2
for even more stuff. Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
Try this. http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?skuI60
Bob

They're called a "suitcase latch", oddly enough.
Available from lots of sources.
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:28:05 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) brought forth from the murky depths:

I think he was looking for "box snap closures" (prolly AKA "suitcase latches") which Weegee steered him to at http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp?pageF515&category=3,41399,41433&abspage=1&ccurrency=2&SID - Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. --- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming