looking for 12mm round barstock

I've have looked off and on for a few months on various parts websites for 12mm barstock to make some jigs for my TR12 Hitachi router. I've located stainless steel, but sells for $10.00 a foot or so!
Someone know of a source for $2-$3 a foot metric bar stock? I've even tried to talk a couple of friends into looking for me in Canada to no avail.
Thanks Alan
Add pictures here
✖

https://www.travers.com/index.asp
Add pictures here
✖
Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 6:01am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@att.net (A Womack) I've have looked off and on for a few months on various parts websites for 12mm barstock to make some jigs for my TR12 Hitachi router. I've located stainless steel, but sells for $10.00 a foot or so! Someone know of a source for $2-$3 a foot metric bar stock? I've even tried to talk a couple of friends into looking for me in Canada to no avail.
Telephone book. Telephone. Scrap metal dealers. If they haven't got what you want, ask them who would be likely to, and get a telephone number. No prob.
You ever think of making the jigs out of different sized barstock? Or square? Or wood?
I don't know why you'd have problems. I've been researching about square tubing, and about every place that has square, has round. This is new I'm talking about, mild steel, I'm not interested in stainless, but they do have it. And, they have metric sizes, but I'm not picky on the sizes for most of what I want, only on two pieces, and they don't need to be totally exact, just close. And, I'll be buying locally, probably used..
JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED. - Death
Add pictures here
✖
Oh yeah, one place, local, quoted me about $15-20 for 20 feet of 1" square mild steel. That's new.
JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED. - Death
Add pictures here
✖

www.mcmastercarr.com Part Number 88625K72
Good company to deal with too
(standard disclaimers, no relation to company)
Add pictures here
✖
KBC, Enco, McMaster Carr all sell drill rod in metric and inch sizes. The rod is super precise, clean and cheap. I think a 3 foot rod will cost you $5 or $6. max

Add pictures here
✖
McMaster-Carr or MSC direct should have it in a multitude of steel types
John

✖
You might want to try Parker Steel.. http://www.metricmetal.com/default.htm

Add pictures here