Little Cherry Clock done *pic*

Dear All,
Here is the little cherry Shaker style clock I have been working on now finished.
http://members.rogers.com/dfeisan/images/done1.jpg
The clock is 27" tall, 10" wide and 5" deep.
I fumed the clock with 26% blueprint ammonia for 36 hours then finished with three coats of 1:1:2:2, BLO:Tung:Turps:Poly, flooded on, left 20 mins and wiped off.
Thanks,
David.
Outstanding David. Thanks for sharing.
Rick

Rick wrote:

Missed the original again. Stupid news server. Anyway, David, that came out looking so good that I think I might just toss in the towel and start making stuff out of construction paper and glue sticks from now on. :)

David:
Real nice, the fuming & finish really made the difference.
Jerry

That reminds me of the sacrilegious woodworker who once introduced his tool to me. He said "Here is Jesus, my awl."

Lookin' good! You got a good flash angle for the wood and the normal cherry blotches hardly show up. Cherry is hard to photograph well. Are those little hinges less pronounced in non-flashbulb lighting? Have you ever used the little brass knife hinges? I picked some up from LVT but haven't used 'em yet.

Ya just had to spoil it, didn't ya? (Hush, Phil.)
-- SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly! ---------- http://diversify.com Poly-free Website Development
Deer Leary,

Damnit Jim, I am a ww'er, not a photographer!
The picture still shows some wild colour variations between the rails and stiles that simply are not here in person. No, The hinges do not stand out that much in person. I have a LVT about 2 minutes from where I work, and I looked at all the hinges in person and picked these. These are solid brass heavy plate hinges, they seemed appropriate for this clock.
Thanks,
David.
David F. Eisan wrote:

Hmmm... On the one hand, you suck. OTOH, you pretty much must live in the great desolate frost bucket to the north, so maybe that's not a price worth paying in order to have a handy neighborhood LVT. :)
Still a nice looking clock though. All except for not being made out of walnut anyway. :)
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:13:39 GMT, "David F. Eisan"

Sorry to rile ya, Bones.

Talk to Phully about getting one of his famous Aussie Light Sticks(tm) the premiere photographic light stand made Down Unda.

Oh, _rub_it_in_, why doncha?

Folded or cast? LVT or Brusso?
-------------------------------------- PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience -------------------------------------------- www.diversify.com - Web Database Development