Lew Hodgett, the creeks are not raising in California....

The creeks are not raising in California....
In spite of the recent rain in California's drought stricken's Central Valley for the last three consecutive years. Rice farmers in the Sacramento areas may leave their fields empty. Beside Farmers and growers wild life including endangers species will further suffer. Lakes and reservoirs at a 39% historical low, should have been 64% during this time of the year. High mountains with less snow will not replenish lakes and reservoirs in 2014 and years to come.
Some statics: 99% of US - artichokes, dates, figs, kiwifruit, olives, persimmons, pistachios, prunes, raisins, clovers, and walnuts. 25% onions, 43% green onions, 70 to 80% all ripe olives. Over 2 million tons rice seconds only behind Arkansas. California is the nation's leading producer of strawberries, averaging 1.4 billion pounds of strawberries or 83%.
Will CA woodworker affected?
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images ;_yltSO8y0X.ABTQxwAy_NXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBsOXB2YTRjBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkAw--?_adv_prop=image&fr=opera2&valifornia+central+valley+drought
"WD" wrote:

<snip> --------------------------------------------------- You must have missed this post.
Re: O/T: Rain - F/U
Lew
WD wrote:

Today, or yesterday, Indianapolis broke it's record for annual snowfall (and the week's not over). About 61" so far. Average annual snowfall: 12.8"

On 2/16/2014 7:46 PM, Bill wrote:

no 24 or 36 inch dumps like we occasionally get but we're up there in total.
--
Jeff

woodchucker wrote:

I'll correct myself (after watching the news) it's the Dec-Jan-Feb record that we broke, and it's at 51", not 61". Still two weeks to go.