How to remove wax from burl wood block?

I just picked up some a two pound chunk of burl wood and it comes coated with a thick wax. What's the best way to clean the wax off? Do I have to reseal the wood that is unused after I finish cutting off what I need?
Thanks, David
I have the same. Scrape off what you can and then you naptha to get rest.