How to avoid electricution in your shop!

Page 2 of 2
The best way is to have EARTH LEAKAGE CIRCUIT BREAKER at your main.A good ELCB will break the supply within 1/10 of a second when by accident someone got direct contact to electricity. SaeedCh
Tim Douglass Wrote:

With nine foot ceilings, I don't think that I'll have any overhea outlets. However, all of the outlets in my shop will be at 48" off th ground, so no matter where I put a bench, less-that-mobile tool, etc it's won't be a pain to get to the plug-ins.
Thanks for all of the great ideas that everyone has given me
-- makesawdust
makesawdust wrote:

We have twenty foot ceilings in the shop at work and there are drop down (reels) almost everywhere.
Of course this can get/be a wee bit expensive.

Has anyone told you, outlets every two foot?
Don't Ask Me How I Know This.

Not a prob.
UA100
Another consideration to wiring your shop. I recommend having the lights on a separate breaker from everything else. Nothing worse than a tool blowing a fuse and the shop going dark!