How good are you at eyeballing a dimension?

Find out here http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

I did OK on a couple of them and terrible on the rest.
Which may explains some measuring errors in the shop.

That was fun. 6.86 average, which would have been much higher if I hadn't scored 0.0 by chance on the circle center test.

5.19 units. Guess that means I can spot the difference between 1 foot and 1 inch more than half the time.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

4.21, but to be honest I thought the game wasn't working properly and restarted about 1/3 of the way through. (I have a rather picky filter that doesn't always allow this kind of thing to work correctly.)
Puckdropper

First attempt on the parallelogram indicated that I was _not_ supposed to be thinking perspectivally! Too much time with SketchUp. I quit the first test after that first atrocious answer, and completed the test with a 3.11
I'm going to try that test next time without my glasses...I hope I can find my mouse! ;)
Composite 3.71 - My parallelogram scores were 7.2, 14._, & 15._ Otherwise, I did pretty good with most individual scores in the 1 to 2 range.
Sonny

4.62 for me. Would have been worse, except I seem to have a good eye for right angles and convergence.
Len

I averaged 4.6 overall however i don't trust eyeballing and don't trust my tape measure the first 2 times.
I got an aaverage of 3.97
Ken

That was cool.
3.40...with my glasses on.
Mike O.

6.02 I need practice it appears. WW

2.73 in three tries - the parallellogram gets me every time.
Scott
3.53 but I think my mouse was the limiting factor as it twitches a bit.
Ed Pawlowski:

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 02:32:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote

well, first time through I misunderstood the mid point section - I thought it meant equal vertices, not a bisected straight line - THAT bit got me a 38.1
Duh!!!
In spite of that, my average was 5.05 - next time the midpoint was 1.0. the third time 0.0
average for third column was 2.9, so I'm quite confident I'm vindicated (professional artist)
I'm a noobie woodworker though, and get totally befuddled by measuring... took me a while to understand the "one reference face/edge" concept.
"Mister Heavy" wrote

Fared better than me, for sure. Best I've averaged is 4.3 ... but I tend to lose interest real quick and rush the last two or three. That said, I don't usually need a tape/ruler for eyeballing linear measurements under 1" ... that, and $3.95, will usually get me an SB caf mocha, most of the time.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Wow, I guess I did okay with a 3.61 avg. the first time. I blew up on the right angle with an 8.2, though. NOT a good sign!
Tom

Scored 3.78
Also confirmed what I already knew from eyeballing midpoints for biscuit joinery, which is that I suck at eyeballing midpoints.
jc
3.46 here Greg