High grade plywood source in South Florida

Looking for a source (other than Home Depot and Lowes) for high grade, finish quality plywood in South Flordia. Ideally Dade, Broward, or Palm County but would be willing to drive beyond that as needed. Thanks

Try http://www.woodfinder.com
...although I was unimpressed with the results when I did it just now.
If memory serves there's a fairly serious ply supplier northwest of MIA. I seem to recall Medford, or something like that. It's actually in a small town by that name nestled in between Hialeah and Miami Lakes or who knows what suburbs.
There's another one, whose name I can't recall, somewhere in the vicinity of SW 27th Av and Federal Highway (US1).
Neither one of these shows up on woodfinder. Try another internet search like a yellow pages search.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com says...

I've found that woodfinder is worthless for this area. It sounds like you might be thinking of medley hardwoods in medley, just north of MIA, which is THE place to buy hardwood lumber, but they do not sell plywood. Shell lumber is in the area of sw 27th ave and us1 and they do have a selection of hardwood plywood. Shells prices on the plywood are a little high, but their hardwood lumber prices are insane, sold by the linear foot. They have a fair selection of exotics too, but the cost is just too high. I believe MCR lumber in princetown can get hardwood ply for you, but their service is so poor its sometimes hard to find out what they have, or can get. Hope this helps, Zeke
Are you saying Shells prices are good or bad when you say:
Shells prices on the plywood are a little

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Shells plywood prices may be as good as you can find in the area, but I haven't shopped for plywood so I can't say for sure. But their hardwood lumber prices are much too high. For lumber try medley. http://www.medleyhardwoods.com /
Zeke change com to net for e-mail

Check out http://www.woodfinder.com /
Found this a long time ago... DO NOT KNOW anything about them but marine "specialty" stores tend to be very good and VERY pricey.
http://www.worldpanel.com /
They are "local" to your area....