Glass moves on coffee table

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Just leave it be. When the kid breaks the glass and gets cut up she'll learn that beating on glass is not the smartest idea in the world.
Now, my question is why you put _glass_ on the table to protect it from the kid beating on it. Personally I'd rather have a beat up table than a cut up kid.
--John

Get rid of the glass, problem solved.

Well, if the child's too young to teach, then you have a problem since you don't wish to mar the wood finish. Two options jump out at me:
1) a small bit of that 3M material that they use for the REMOVABLE wall hooks. Not supposed to damage the finish but...
2) When company is not present in the home, how about a pair of nylon straps with either Velcro or nylon snap buckles beneath the table. One centered in each dimension should keep the glass from sliding off and keep little Johnny or Julie from being "Julienned" by the glass.
What the heck, it'll only be for a year. After all, if the child hasn't been taught to leave it alone by then...

Discipline should star at an early age. It was not hard to keep our 1 year old son from beating on the furniture. Teach him now or regret it later.