Floating a 3/4" Solid Hardwood Floor Over Above Grade Concrete?

Page 2 of 2
"He ended up putting down a slate tile "
For a shop floor, tile isn't much better than concrete - or am I missing something?

On 19 Dec 2006 12:06:43 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@iwavesolutions.com wrote:

Hawaii is a long way from where I'm at in Wisconsin, but I am a big fan of "handi panel" subflooring. It's basically 2' square pieces of toungue and grooved OSB with plastic backing. The nice things about it are that it allows airflow between the concrete and the flooring, it is really easy to handle and install, and it has just a little give in it, so it feels a little springy like a regular wooden floor- rather than a hunk of wood sitting on concrete. It also makes the floor warmer, but I don't suppose that makes that matters much in your climate.
Interesting. Do you have a link to info on this material?
Have you used in sub-grade?