Drain valve: sears air compressor 16471

Does anyone have a decent setup for a water drain valve for a Sears 16471 compressor? Preferably some kind of foot pedal?
Thanks,
Mike
On Monday, September 23, 2013 9:42:56 AM UTC-7, Michael wrote:

compressor? Preferably some kind of foot pedal?

I bought an automatic drain valve setup that is supposed to bleed off water when pressure drops or something. Bought it at Harbor Freight and it faile d in about a week. As an emergency measure (so I could keep working) I had the parts to just add a short hose with a air gun nozzle. I just left it li ke that for years and manually sprayed out any water once a week or so.
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 11:28:03 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"

On mine I have a 5/16" copper tube with a ball valve, and a U shape bend in the tube after the valve, pointing down. I grab a water bottle, hold it over the end of the tube, and blow it off every once in a while.
On Monday, September 23, 2013 8:06:50 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

471 compressor? Preferably some kind of foot pedal?

ter when pressure drops or something. Bought it at Harbor Freight and it fa iled in about a week. As an emergency measure (so I could keep working) I h ad the parts to just add a short hose with a air gun nozzle. I just left it like that for years and manually sprayed out any water once a week or so.

Is there any special kind of ball valve I need to get?
Thanks for the tip.
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:43:40 -0700 (PDT), Michael

Nope. Any valve that can handle 150PSI will do. Weatherhead brass fuel shutoff valves do the job just fine, but are not ball valves. Any W.O.G. rated valve will work (Water Oil and Gas)

This should go without saying but the ball valve should be metal, not one of the cheaper plastic ones.