Drafting table design point

Page 2 of 2

I have been off the group for a few days. Tell me more about a "drawing board cover".
SteveP.

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 03:21:43 GMT, "Highland Pairos"

<snip>
Drawing board covers are a multi-layer vinyl material with "self healing" qualities - they will recover nicely from compass holes and small cuts. However, I would not recommend extensive cutting as this will soon damage the cover and the cut marks will affect drawing.
I believe Alvin makes one and you should be able to pick it up at most engineering/drafting supply stores (if any still exist). I have been doing all of my drafting on a computer for the last 15 years and haven't had the occasion to got to a supply store in that time. But then again, there's always the internet.
HTH Bill
Thanks. I should probably look into these as I design the table.
SteveP.

Borco.

My table had a trough at the bottom edge. It didn't project above the table surface so was not in the way.

that
it
really

I am working on a table that folds down off the wall. The rear of the table has dowels riding in a dadoe and a pair of staggered legs that fold down at the front. When it is out of the way only 4" of my shop is lost.
The only thing this drafting newbie has not figured out yet is:
is there a good/better/best angle of inclination at which to work.
-- PDQ
most commercial tables are adjustable because few people keep them at the same angle all the time. Depends on what you are doing and how. About 15 degrees would be my preference if I was making it non adjustable. I solved the problem some years ago. Gave away the drafting table and went completely CAD.
is there a good/better/best angle of inclination at which to work.
--
PDQ

I have looked at hinges that ratchet a numerous angles. I may look at something like that in order to provide more then one work angle.
SteveP.