Decorative Inlay Veneer

I have to replace the banding on the lower left and upper right of this secretary.

finally found the inlay, but they have not responded to my attempts to contact them.
it looks as though I will have to make it myself. I have plenty of veneer, but nothing as dark as what I need. I have never dyed wood and was wondering how well dyed wood will glue and accept a finish. I was looking at the Solar-Lux Black stain and was wondering what the Retarder was used for. I am also curious about the Homestead TransFast Dye Powder and the TransTint Dyes. Favorite brand of glue suggestions are welcome as well. I don't have much to replace, but would it be better to glue up long strips into a single board and slice what I need or individually cut each piece? If anyone has any idea where I can find this please let me know. It is 7.5mm wide, but I think 1/4" will be just fine. I looked at the antiques newsgroups, but they just looked like places to buy, sell and identify antiques. I thought this place would be a better choice to post such questions. Thanks.

Reply to
Marty

Try Constantine's...

dadiOH

How could I forget about Constantine's? Exactly what I needed....

Thank You!!!

Reply to
Marty

Reply to