DC Control Printed Board

Hi Group: I bought a surplus GE motor with a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) printed board. The board now causes the motor to vibrate and run rough, particularly noticable at low speed on my lathe.
I've been able to prove the board is at fault, by trying a different board temporarily.
Does any one have a spare board or know where to acquire one?
Joe Yablonski
--> Remove par from email address for replying

Try getting it repaired (probably not by GE). The usual failure mode is one of the output MOSFETs in the bridge circuit, which keeps the motor "running" but gives the vibration you describe. It's not a hard fault to detect, nor to repair - any reasonable electronics person should be able to sort it.
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:13:49 -0700, Andy Dingley wrote

Yep, the MOSFET (and freewheel diode) plus any electrolytics.
-Bruce