Comparison

Page 3 of 3
On 7/26/12 3:23 PM, Swingman wrote:

Except: Festool.
Oh, and oakrust.
--

-MIKE-

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message
Could it be that the Forrest blade was faulty? That is certainly possible.
That'd be my guess. I'd be inclined to send it back for a replacement and re-run your test with a replacement blade. Forrest Woodworkers usually give a superb cut.
Tom

Beyond the reach of the crowbars, huh?

What are you doing buying the expensive HF blades? The 00529s last years on my old saur. She's a low-mileage model, though. They're an extremely good value at $5 a pop.

Buy 'em on sale, usually half price. I wonder how much Forrest would charge to retip one with their carbide... Just kidding. (sorta)

Fascinating, Deb. Thanks for the test and report. I've had very good luck with both sizes of HF blades, 7-1/4 and 10". The 12-incher on my miter saw is working fine, too, but I have a Freud Diablo to replace it when its day comes. The $10 thin-kerf Freud on my skilsaw has been a real nice blade, too, replacing the $1.99 HF jobs.
-- It takes as much energy to wish as to plan. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Sounds like you aren't using it its designed purpose and probably only need the cheapo blades. Higher cost does NOT necessarily indicate better quality first, but instead special uses.
In typed: