carbide blades for planers?

Hey folks. I have my dewalt 733 planer that may need some new blades soon. Granted, they were replaced recently, but they seem to dull down so gosh darn quick. I saw infinity tools has planer blades that are carbide tipped and had some blades that would fit a dw735 planer. Anyone know if the 735 and 733 blades are the same blades? It would be nice to get some carbides for the 733.... Thanks. jason
jason wrote:

No they are not the same knives. The 735 uses three disposable knives. The 733 has two resharpenable knives.
http://www.toolbarn.com/product/dewalt/DW7332 /
http://www.toolbarn.com/product/dewalt/DW7332 /
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

Make that second link:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

The knives in the 735 aren't completely disposable. As long as you use a light touch, removing no more metal than is absolutely necessary to restore a razor edge, they can be resharpened -- perhaps re-honed is a better term -- at least four times. I think I have only one more honing left on mine before I'll finally have to discard them.
--
Regards,

Instead of Infinity try Global Tooling: http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/index.html They are a lot cheaper than Infinity and very helpful. I got my carbide knives for 185.00 from global vrs. 259.00 from infinity. bc