buying tools on Ebay

If I could have bought 20, I would have.
todd
<<As I responded to Owen, after checking my records, I actually cleared $43/router. Is that close enough to $50 to be a valid use of my time in your view?>>
It was until you had to invest more time doing the research to supply a P&L statement to the newsgroup. <g>
Lee

P&L
LOL. I feel like a presidential candidate. Should I release my tax returns for last year?
todd

Medical records too, and military records if applicable.
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Not $500 to make $50. $500 to make $150, $100 of which was taken in the form of a router, not cash.
That looks to me like 30% ROI on maybe a 30 day turnaround. Not a bad deal.
--
--John

ROI is usually expressed in 'annualized' terms; assuming a 30-day turnaround, it's an annualized rate in excess of 2200% If the turn-over period was shorter, the annualized rate is even higher. Definitely not something to sneeze at. :)
strictly from a business standpoint:
thats a 10% roi in a very short period of time. lets say it took a month. if nothing went wrong, you would more than double your money every year. even if 5% of the deals go completely bad and you lose the cost of the router + shipping thats still around 4% roi in a month. not too bad really...
lets compare that with having the money in the stock market. much less roi there. 30% in a year would be about the best you could get and 10% is the average. per year, not per month.
or you could let it sit in a savings account and do absolutely nothing... just like sitting on the couch and doing nothing instead of making a few bucks off routers. the time investment would be low. even less if you dont get emotionally attatched to your auctions.
i dont think its really such a bad deal. people have their own ideas about what their time is worth and how much effort they want to put into ebay, so really i think the deciding factor is how much of a pain it is to run the auctions.
not to mention it actually turned out to be a free router and 100 bucks.
randy

complaints,
buying
router

I sell the same items week after week, if they sell & I have more stock year after year, often the item I sell is on eBay more to attract customers worldwide, for almost every item I sell or list on eBay I generally receive three or four direct inquiries for a similar item outside of eBay. It is a great way of advertising & the sale of the goods generally cover the cost of the product, listing & shipping, it can be time consuming to monitor & keep on top of but I really enjoy it as well.
for example:
My eBay items currently listed: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=lamblies&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows %
Jon~
It's very common as many dealers sell on eBay. There are some crooks, so do your reference checking before you get carried away and are sorry.
George

snipped-for-privacy@telus.net (TB) wrote:

Another angle, I don't believe, anyone has mentioned is that if a previous auction falls through (buyer backs out) then many sellers just relist the item and it appears identical to the previous auction just with new dates.
If in doubt, consider the seller's positive *and* negative feedback ratings and read the feedback.