Bosch belt sander question

My Bosch 1274DVS sander arrived today, and I'm wondering what the two threaded holes on the left side of it are for? Are these for attaching things like a sanding stand or fence? It kind of threw me when I looked at that side with the bare metal, looks almost like it's missing something. But the diagrams in the manual show the same thing go I guess that's how it's supposed to be. But what't that angled channel on the same side for? Also, mine came with a dustbag that attaches directly to the port with a screw adjustable pressure ring, without any of the framework pictured in the manual. It seems like a much cleaner, easier setup than the manual shows. Any info on any of this?
Tony

Can't help you with your question, but I have had my eye on one of those for a while. Keep us posted, please?
00
Rob