bandsaw wheel alignment

Hey all;
My (inherited) bandsaw has got me somewhat concerned. When the blade is top dead centre on the upper wheel, it's right on the edge of the lower one. Moving it to the back of the upper wheel will almost but not quite centre it on the lower wheel.
Any suggestions? I can't imagine this is desirable, but I'm not sure how serious it is.
Thanks, Colin

Do you get the same result when you back all of your guides away? If you do then your wheels are most likely not coplanar.
--
www.garagewoodworks.com

"Colin B." wrote in message

What's the make and model?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/16/07

If you will Google bandsaw tune up, a number of a articles will address this issue. :>)
Colin B. said:

Colin,
Have at look at this page from my site which covers the imported Delta 14" bandsaw. Many others are similar, and the same principles apply.
http://www.thevideodoc.com/pwoodw3.htm
Greg G.
Colin B. skreiv:

Have a look at this one: http://thewoodwhisperer.com/episode-13-bandsaw-set-uptune-up /