Air compressor question

Page 2 of 2

It'll work.
I put an old York A/C Compressor form a early '80's ford van into my '83 RamCharger to act as an air compressor. I have attached the contraption to the front of the motor where the smog pump used to be, with safety in mind I have attached a pressure switch and if that should go bad, a relief valve set at 150 psi. I then plumbed it to a 2 1/2 Gal fire extinguisher, rated at over 500 psi., as a holding tank. I switched the unit to a positive ignition source. With the flip of a switch I'm able to use a wide variety of air tools directly off the truck's motor plumbed to the front grill for convienance. I also added an oiler, filter and pressure regulator with gauge. My only limitation is for those air hungry tools such as a air saw or cut-off tool. It will work but for a limited time, most of the other tools such as the ratchet and wrench work without incident.
Sears is always having sales on compressors, you should take a look at them. I opted on going for the Ingersoll Rand model [Sears item #00918298000] at the local Sears rather then the Craftsman due to IR's reputation as being the innovator and leader in air equipment. I'm not sure who makes the Craftsman compressors. Anybody?
Then maybe you can get into air spraying shellacs and the like, of which I have yet to delve into. But it sound like fun? Dec. FWW just went into a unit that cost nearly $1000. WOW.
Jack.
It'll probably work, you may even be able to take a spark plug out with it.
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods