8" jointer $300 (Midwest)

In the midwest, Homier holds travelling tool shows in the outlying rural areas of major cities. Most of their stuff is poorer quality than what you would find at Harbor Freight, but they do have a few decent items.

They recently started selling a 8" x 65" jointer for $300. I have not seen it in person so I can't comment on its quality. Obviously if you need it shipped, your savings will quickly evaporate. But if you live in the midwest and are looking for a jointer, have a look:

this link doesn't work, go to
and put "jointer" in the search field.

Last time, I posted a deal I saw from MSC. People accused me of shilling for the company and blasted me for not having a disclaimer. So here it is. I am not affiliated with Homier, Harbor Freight, or the overseas jointer manufacturer. And I swear this is true.

Reply to
AL

I went to one Homier show and bought a bunch of tools and clamps. Everything broke the first time I used it, except for a tape measure. Everything; clamps, a sawsall, I forget what else.

Hmm. $300 for something that will be in the trash the next day... Don't think so.

Reply to
Toller

Is there a particular reason you singled this out as different from their other stuff?

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

why would you wnt to throw away $300.00 for junk? Just my opinion. I have never got a "bargain" when I bought cheap! Mike

Reply to
aswr

I have gotten plenty of bargains when I bought cheap. All used stuff, but still bargains. My table saw, my jointer, my jigsaw, my cordless tools, and a bunch more. All in new condition for less than half price.

My two favorites are buying a parachute for $18 and selling it on ebay for $170, and buying 100bf of oak for $1.25 on ebay. (no, not per bf; for the whole lot)

Reply to
Toller

What is the spot price on scrap iron these days?

Reply to
Chris

Uh Sorry Toller, this is a single gloat wreck. You've already gloated about the $1.25 oak and are therefore forbidden from gloating about it again. You sucked enough on the first gloat and don't need to go and throw it in our face again!!!

I suggest next time you feel like gloating, you take your 100 bf of oak and turn it into shavings with your new found plane.

Better yet, buy that Miller Falls plane for $1,500 and then ask us if you're a moron!!!

:-)

Reply to
D Steck

Are we letting him slide on the parachute gloat?

I have to admit when I saw that, several scenarios crossed my mind. I haven't been able to articulate them, but they all start with, "...a parachute on ebay?"

Reply to
LRod

Well, since he didn't use it, I thought I'd let it slide on by. Had he bought a parachute on eBay and used it, then well, maybe we might find 100 bf of oak up for sale again along with some more power tools!

Reply to
D Steck

Yep, that's a place a guy should scrimp, a parachute. :) Actually, I bought a used parachute a while back. Makes a great kite.

Reply to
CW

Sure. the original owner only used it one, but it was too small. His heirs then sold it on eBay.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Had to laugh at the parachute. A skydiving friend of mine had a tshirt that read, FOR SALE, Never opened, once used parachute, ex wife's.

Reply to
Randal

Of course we are -- it's nothing but full of air.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi