Zanussi Spares Expensive

I've got a Zanussi DW24 disk washer which has 2 problems.

1.. The wheels on the baskets both top and bottom have failed and some companies are trying to charge me over £5 per wheel, with a total of 16 wheels (8 on top and 8 below) this is £80 for a few pieces of plastic. 2.. Also there is a PTFE washer on the motor which is wearing and caused the motor to make a whining noise.

I can get this washer Zanussi tried to sell me a new motor!!!!

With the wheels costing over £80 in total plus delivery, plus how ever much the motor costs. It's now cheaper to replace the machine for a few failing parts that should be cheap to replace.

Why do Zanussi charge so much for these parts and is there a cheaper place to get them. I assume these parts probably only cost 2-3 pounds to produce for the lot!!!

Any help on places to get these parts with out the inflated prices.

Reply to
OverPriced

Just be grateful it isn't a Bosch.

Reply to
Grunff

I have not checked prices.

have a much wider range of stock if you call them than is available on the website.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Good points. Our Bosch tumbler dryer stopped working this year. Called Bosch and quoted £44 for motor capacitor. I thought this very expensive so took it to my electronic friend who tested and confirmed it was u/s. He looked in radio spares cataloge. Identical part £4.60 one off, discount for quantity.If bought in quantity from manufacturer as Bosch would price would be no more than 50p.

Zanussi washing machine brushes went this week. Cost £40 plus.Rip off yes of course.

Reply to
Sploop

I had exactly the same problem with the basket wheels and runners on a Zanussi d/w that was installed when we moved house last year. I ended up taking it to the tip and buying a new one as all the parts totalled

75% of the cost of a new one.

It's criminal, especially when the government are spending millions on promoting recycling, yet companies are allowed to overprice spare parts.

Reply to
Ren Hoek

In message , Ren Hoek writes

I did just the same with our Zanussi d/w a month back, it simply wasn't worth buying all the small plastic bits needed, so a basically functional dishwasher went to the tip.

Reply to
bof

In message , Sploop wrote

The CPC price for a genuine part is around £15.50 to £16.50 for the pair of brushes.

Reply to
Alan

so has anyone tried to find 3rd party parts? I could not find these from CPC? have i just missed it somewhere ?

Reply to
OverPriced

Sorry if this message is repeated by OE said it had not posted originally

Has anyone found a 3rd party supplier for these parts ? Or has anyone questioned the pricing policies from the manufactures ?

Reply to
OverPriced

Did you try ringing thtm? CPCs online range is much smaller (for some reason) than what tehy can get if you phone them with details of the model.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Maybe this guy can help:

went wrong with the original wheels and how many are there to replace? I was planning to get a Zanussi dishwasher soon, this doesn't give a lot of confidence in their product...

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In message , Pete C writes

My Zanussi d/w was about 5yo when it got skipped, the problem seemed to be that the plastic went brittle, I assume with the repeated washing in hot soapy water, my thought was that I was just unlucky and had got a machine after they'd changed to a new type of plastic, I wouldn't have thought they could make machines that have always failed like this and stay in business.

Reply to
bof