you just can't teach class

I was watching the news tonight and saw the clip with John Prescotts house being invaded by the Greenpeace activists. I noticed the mock tudor features of the house and the turret type structures and just thought WOW......where can I get those. And I always thought that fat piece of shit had no style....... Off to builders merchants at the weekend to get meself some fake turrets to put on our roof.......they always say if you can't beat em' join the bastards.

Reply to
dIMM

In article , dIMM writes

I live not too far away from the man in question, and there are quite a few houses with odd features like that in the area. There's one with cinderella-style pointy turrets. Sutton is an old village which has been slowly surrounded by council estates, it's a strange contrast.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Vote for Blair and it will be made compulsory - with grants.

Oh come on! Dear John is one of Our People, a rough diamond maybe but you know he makes sense.

I wonder if he has a licence to crenellate ... and which Part will cover the work ...

He's also reported as saying, "Wives shouldn't be there for terrorising."

That raises two questions:

a) what does he think wives ARe for?

b) who IS there for terrorising?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On the news I heard, they said Two-Jags wasn't home, but his wife and staff were. Staff????

Reply to
Sam Nelson

In article , Mary Fisher writes

The whole story, as reported in the local paper, was quite humorous. The Greenpeace people went to the (armed) police guarding the place and told them what they were going to do, and the police allowed them in!! A greenpeace spokesman was quoted as saying "The police were very professional about it, and so were we."

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Prescotts house

tudor features

WOW......where

Err, he is trying to get re elected locally so I suspect his 'staff' could well be his local election organisers etc. along with his PA. As for two Jags, get your fact correct, he owns one and the other is his Ministerial car.

I'm not stating one way or the other my personal opinions about the man or the protest above, just the (probable) facts.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

He seems to have a good boxing coach. Probably already well into the training for this General Election now.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Until I read this post, and it's pathetic follow-ups, I had not recognised Mr. Prescott as being a model of sophistication and master of the english language.

Thank you diMM (In name as in brain ) , Now I know that British politicians are superior to some British electors.

Reply to
dan22

and he's the only working class man in the cabinet. something about him and his attitude suggest that maybe he'd be better off in the top job, sort of like that nosher powell character in eat the rich.

RT

Reply to
[news]

Sam Nelson wrote :-

= smallish muscle bound dog much favored by men of his his ilk ;-)

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

What's your definition of working class?

May

Reply to
Mary Fisher

you dropped this ' r '

RT

Reply to
[news]

I'd say thanks but I can't see a hole ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

ah, you need both hands /and/ a torch to do that

RT

Reply to
[news]

Lucky we use head torches then.

But you haven't answered my question.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

correct. it's OT. s/n ratio and all that.

RT

Reply to
[news]

So why was it mentioned in the firstplace?

?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Not many would agree ;-) :

John Rumm

We love listening to him being interviewed on Today. We lie in bed, absolutely rapt, and when he's finished we turn to each other and ask what it was all about. Neither of us ever knows.

It's not just the odd gaff ... it would be pitiful if he weren't No 2.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

WOW......where