Wiring query

No. The three reds "twisted" together will be live in, live out, and switch feed. The blacks twisted together will be neutral in and neutral out. You therefore want to use (b)(Neutral), (c)(Switched Live) and of course (d)Earth.

HTH -

Reply to
Frank Erskine

No. The two blacks and the red tagged black, or switched live.

The three reds are just a live common point.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

In message , cerberus wrote

Reply to
Alan

Don't tell too many people - changing light fittings is good business! SWMBO buys new light fitting, husband unscrews ceiling rose, sees all those wire & panics!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Your clocks wrong on your PC hth

Reply to
Vass

His clock is fine. His time zone is wrong.

Reply to
Bob Eager

ah ok

Reply to
Vass

Must be us then ! ;-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

But you've still not corrected it

Reply to
SJP

I'm in the process of wiring some some new ceiling light fittings & have found the following configuration;

(a) = 3 reds twisted together

(b) = 2 Blacks twisted together

(c) = 1 black (marked with red tape

(d) = Earth

I assume that (b) is the 'loop termination' & only (a) (c) & (d) are used in the fitting?

Don.

Reply to
cerberus

Cheers Frank & Andy.

The adage 'measure twice cut once' springs to mind ;-)

Don.

Reply to
cerberus

'Her indoors' is a happy bunny now she can play with her new halogens ;-)

Don.

Reply to
cerberus

Oh yes I have.

Don.

Reply to
cerberus

Indeed so. And the variation where husband/'friend'/'someone my mother knows'/'odd jobs bloke' puts all the reds together, all the blacks, and connects those to the new fitting....

Reply to
Ed Sirett

LOL... mind you it is nice when attractive housewife considers you to be a wizard for sorting it out after hubby gave up!

Lighting circuits must cause more confusion than any other electrical problem for the wannabe diy'er !

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Nope time & date correct, but it is showing everyone else as 11 hrs behind for some reason?

Don.

Reply to
cerberus

Just checked, Bob was spot on. Grandaughter's been twiddling again!

Don.

Reply to
cerberus

Need a wiki article on this, Anyone wantt o move their explanation there?

meow2222

Yes. Often you find that people will have a go at lighting but bottle out on socket replacement due to the higher rating!

Reply to
Ed Sirett